Thursday, June 2

Taking things for granted...

When I walked back from Kumon this morning,
it rained so hard
that I was drenched
even with the umbrella.
And I fret
coz I was wearing a fresh jeans.
Now, it's all wet again.
I was just thinking
when it rained,
we fuss about it.
When it does not rain
we fuss about the heat.
We fuss about almost
every single issue.
When he calls,
we complain he is bothering.
Or when she did not call,
we fret that she did not call.
When we eat,
we complain -
"It's not sweet enough."
"It's too salty!"
"It's overcooked."
"Eww, what's that?"
We should be thankful
of what we are served,
when there are millions
in South Africa
who are starving
to death.
We are so fortunate
that's why we take things for granted.
Only if we have been in the worst
will we value
the things around us
and only if we have been lonely
will we appreciate
the people around us.
There may never be tomorrow
to say -
"I love it. Thank you."
"Wow, it's great."
"It's very thoughtful of you."
"Thank you for what is served."
There may never be another day
to say to someone -
"I love you."
"I miss you."
"You look gorgeous today."
"That's a pretty dress."
"Nice hairstyle."
"I'm sorry."
Days are given to us freely
to live to the fullness
and cherish the moments
we share with people
around us.
Waste not another day.
Treasure each and every day.
Do what you need to do
TODAY.

No comments: