Thursday, August 11

Human touch…

I looked through the photos on The Star website and it’s really bad! The API recorded at 11 this morning recorded 44 in Penang (which is hitting near to the moderate status, be careful!) and 531 in Kuala Selangor (which is an emergency status and poses a danger to health).
We hear about people suffering in other parts of the country and it becomes our conversation. How many actually imagine themselves there at that place? How much torture it is to be there!
Yesterday, we just brought up the 9/11 incident. Just listening to their conversation gives me the creeps. I shivered as I thought of those “little” people on TV jumping off the building. What if that person is someone dear to me? What if I am that person and everyone else on earth is watching me plunge from WTC?
Have you ever thought of that? - That your last day on earth might just be the next hour or creepier, the next second. I just pray that when I breathe my last, I’m on my way to heaven. Otherwise, thinking of going the opposite way is even more fearful!
We never know what will happen next, not even the next second. You can be laughing now with your boss over a joke, the next second, you are screwed so badly you don’t even remember you have shared that laughter.
Anyway, I’m glad we are working so close in the CW (Conceptual Writing) Department. So far, we have been able to solve work-related issue diplomatically. It’s a good workplace that can make you want to grow with the company.
I’m sure I’ve found the place I want to grow with. Although I’m still thinking of getting that paper (degree!), I’m starting to think of my long-term commitment with SG.
Back to the subject – my point is, human are becoming so insensitive. They care so much about themselves and do nothing for the betterment of other people – even as near as a neighbour needing help. Some people just shut their doors despite listening violent arguments and breaking objects. Have they ever thought that someone might be killed during the heated argument? Oh, well… it might be a domestic husband-and-wife having a row. But you’ll never know what one-second-mistake can do to two human’s lives. One dead – either in heaven or hell, and the other – in jail. But then again, it’s not your problem if one is dead and the other is jailed, no harm to you right? Imagine it’s one of your family members or loved ones.
Don’t take things for granted. Your concern and care may change someone’s life for better. Never stop offering help, you don’t know how much miracles your little can do. Never stop giving advice, you don’t know how encouraging your advice can be.
Re-examine your humane self. It’s somewhere deep inside your heart. God created man in His own image. I’m sure God created us with some attributes He has – caring, gentle, gracious etc. But man are contaminated in this tainted world.
I believe there is “beauty” in every one of us. No matter how bad or notorious we can be, there is a soft side that we ought to discover.

No comments: