Thursday, December 22

Christmas is...

In all of the Christmas celebration, carols, laughter and joy... we tend to forget we have this season because of the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We definitely block out the reason for the coming of Christ.

Each Christmas, we exchange gifts among ourselves. Let me share with you, another gift exchange I experienced in my life. It was so unbalanced that it is hard to believe. This exchange transpired when I first believed and accepted the fact that Jesus had died for my sins. I gave him my sins, and He gave me His goodness and forgiveness. I gave Him my disobedience, and He gave me eternal life with the Father. I gave Him my greedy selfish nature, and He gave me His life's bloodshed on the cross, in excruciating pain.

How totally unbalanced is that? I got everything wonderful and gave him my bag of sinful garbage. The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:21 that God took the sinless Christ and poured our sins into Him. Then, in exchange, he poured God's goodness into us.

Christmas is a message of peace on earth and love to all mankind.

1 comment:

enn@j said...

Amen sis! :)

well done on your sharing yesterday at Studeo...Praise God!